[Closed] Rules and Guidelines.
DRIVE Radio has grown tremendously over the past year and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community. In order to keep the forum running smooth and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forum. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Staff Members.
- This is an English speaking forum and all posts must be in English.
- We will not tolerate rudeness, insults, personal attacks, stalking, or inflammatory and threatening posts.
- We will not tolerate posts that discriminate against race, religion, political preference, or sexual orientation.
- We will not tolerate posting of illegal materials or activities.
- We will not tolerate images of a sexual nature or links to sites that are sexual in nature.
- We will not tolerate posting of copyrighted material. See the guidelines below for details.
- We do not allow any discussions of a political or religious nature.
- We do not allow advertising or soliciting posts, posts to contests, posts to sell personal items, posts soliciting services or donations, or any other form of Spam.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove or edit offensive posts or posts that violate forum rules without notice.
- Posts discussing moderator/administrator actions are not permitted.
- Although these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
- Linking to a commercial product, web site, or service is not permitted.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is not permitted.
- A link and/or promotional text to a non-commercial site must be approved by an administrator.
- All signatures must be made in English.
- Animated signature images are permitted.
- Please limit text in signatures to 3 lines, with a font size no larger than “3”.
- Signature images and text are subject to general forum rules.
- Avatars that are offensive or sexual in nature are not permitted.
- All posts must be in English.
- No duplicate posting is permitted.
- No flaming or trolling posts are permitted.
- No obscene, vulgar, or pornographic posts are permitted.
- Taking a thread off topic to purposefully disrupt a thread discussion is not permitted.
- Please use the search and advance search before starting a new thread.
- Make sure the thread title describes the material being posted.
- The first post (OP) of a thread should be as descriptive as possible. This will encourage a good discussion.
- Posting just a link as an OP is unacceptable. You must tell people what the link is and why you are posting the link. This will encourage discussion related to the link.
- Information in posts cannot be copy/pasted from Wikipedia. This is not acceptable and is considered plagiarism and could violate copyright laws. Always make your posts in your own words.
- If you reference an outside source for information, always post a link to that information. Always give credit to the source of your information. The only exception to this rule is when you have permission from the source to use their information, and you must provide proof of permission.
- Do not copy/paste information from other sources. This is plagiarism and violates copyright laws. You must summarize the article or outside source of information in your own words, then supply a link to the source of the information.
- Quoting a news article is a breach of copyright laws. If you wish to start a discussion on a news article, summarize the article in your own words, then post a link to the news article.
- Please keep personal information out of the posts and theads. If you wish to speak to someone on a personal level, use the Private Messages.
- Never post in all CAPS, this is considered shouting, and is unacceptable.
- You may choose to use a larger font in your posts, this is fine as a header to the post. A large font throughout an entire post is unacceptable.
- And finally……Respect. Always show respect and courtesy to others.
Thank you for taking the time to read the rules.